You just learned that your cousin is getting married and the big day is just a few months away. Agreeing to be a part of the wedding, you frantically start searching for a dress, accessories, and ways in which you might want to do your hair. When looking in the mirror one day, you are caught off guard by your smile. What was once vibrant and white has become dull and gray. What do you do? With so many cosmetic dentistry solutions available today, it can be hard to choose which one is right for you. Fortunately, you can rest easy knowing that no matter what you and your cosmetic dentist decide, you’ll have a healthier, more beautiful smile that will give you the confidence you need to walk down that aisle.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is known for producing truly transformational smiles. No matter which method of treatment you choose, you can guarantee that as long as you’re seeing a cosmetic dentist who is skilled, knowledgeable, and trained, you’ll have beautiful results. Some of the added benefits of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Improvement in your smile aesthetics
- Boost in your confidence level
- Better oral health
How Can You Transform the Look of Your Smile?
When scheduling a consultation with your cosmetic dentist, it’s important that you discuss all the available treatments that could prove beneficial for your smile. This will not only give you options to choose from but also an idea as to how you want to change your appearance.
- Porcelain Veneers: If you want to cover many cosmetic flaws, including chips, cracks, stains, gaps between teeth, slightly crooked or misshapen teeth, discoloration, or a minor alignment issue, these custom-made ceramic shells will do the trick. Covering the surface of your teeth, you will see a dramatic change that results in a natural-looking smile.
- Teeth Whitening: If stains and discoloration are what is plaguing your smile, teeth whitening trays can enhance and produce a more vibrant, brighter smile in no time at all.
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding: Considered more affordable and quicker than porcelain veneers, dental bonding uses composite resin that is matched to your natural tooth color to cover minor imperfections, such as chips, cracks, small gaps, discoloration, or misshapen teeth.
- Metal-Free Dental Restorations: Whether you need a tooth restored as a result of decay or damage, metal-free dental restorations can fix the problem without shining a spotlight on your dental work. From fillings to crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays, your dentist will create a seamless smile with metal-free materials that protect your teeth from sensitivity and withstand normal wear and tear.
- Smile Makeovers: No smile is too far gone when you consider how a smile makeover can improve your quality of life and self-confidence. Using multiple treatments to address your problem areas, you can see beautiful results that will have you smiling again in no time at all.
It’s important that you talk to your dentist about a timeline when choosing how best to improve your smile. Depending on the treatment you choose, you can expect to see a difference in the appearance of your smile within months or even weeks. In some cases, you might even see them the same day you arrive for your appointment! No matter what you decide, trust that cosmetic dentistry will give you the results you desire.
About the Author
Dr. Drew Addy is a highly-skilled cosmetic dentist who was voted as one of San Diego’s best in 2017 and 2018. Providing his patients with a wide array of cosmetic dentistry services, he can transform smiles using everything from porcelain veneers to teeth whitening to metal-free dental restorations. In fact, Dr. Addy is offering a Smile Makeover Free Consultation. There are no strings attached, as you and Dr. Addy can discuss ways to improve your smile. To find out how you can take advantage of this great opportunity, contact us at (760) 492-6317.